Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'm Lovin' It over Raps Win


Last night I chose not to watch the Toronto Raptors beat the L.A. Clippers. As a faithful Raptors fan I felt like a protest was in order. I figured the Raps high-power (“Power” should be replaced by jump shot, or soft – et al.) offense would be too much for the Caveman, and Co.

Thus, it seemed like a tease. Why should I watch the Raptors “take care of business” against the god-forsaken Clips? So I can be thankful that there are softer and worse teams in the Association?

The only gain from that would be a bloated confidence that would be crushed like a deflated basketball, when the Raps are stomped by any team with the desire to attack the Bumbling Bee’s (horribly known by Matt “I Miss You Chuck” Devlin as the Killer Bee’s).

So, I chose to watch Brandon Knight hit the game winning jump shot in the Macdonald’s All-American game. I got to dream on the length of Harrison Barnes who ran the floor like a Mac truck with no break pads. And I watched the future of Canadian basketball, as Tristan Thompson and Cory Joseph held there own against the best the U.S. has to offer.

I heard that 75% of players in the Macdonald’s high school game would make the NBA, and for a peaceful evening I ignored the aggravating play of the Toronto Raptors, and looked past the truth, that CB4’s time in Toronto is most likely coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment